Friday, February 5, 2010

Ready to Receive

As mentioned in the previous post we're ready for Mr. Cupid to pickup and deliver our Valentines...and I'm sure you'll be happy to know (or not, whatever) that we are now ready to receive our letters and love notes also.
 

I found the mailboxes a Targets $ spot about a month ago and held on to them thinking I would do something fun with them in time for Valentines.  Well, then I forgot about them.  Luckily I found them in the bottom of the pantry last night...just in time to spiffy them up for the BiG day next week. 


I didn't have the color of paper I wanted to cover them, so I ended up Mod Podging fabric onto them...it worked great. Then I just inked the edges of the box and the paper heart with my boys names on them (sewed to felt).


My little guys are really excited about having their own designated mailbox and can't wait to see what Mr. Cupid will be delivering.  I plan on sneaking anything we get in the real mail into their boxes so they can check them every morning to see if they've recieved any love letters.  I'm thinking these would be fun to leave out year round, then we can leave little love notes whenever we feel like it.

3 comments:

Jami said...

These are adorable! I have an award for you on my blog. :)

Kaylynn said...

So cute! I'm bummed I missed those at Target! Oh well, maybe they'll have them next year :)

Kris, Andrea, Lacey, Mia, and Kannon said...

hi, my name is Andrea Clark and my si-in-law is Annie Marsden. I just wanted you to know that you are AMAZING!!! My little mia loves her cape you made and I am so impressed with all that you do> keep it up!